Science Journal Education has always been a very important part of the human life. Since the beginning of humanity, we have thrived on learning things especially figuring out new things such as the universe and the human experience itself. Various different explanations have dominated the human history in trying to educate about the universe and human experience and one of them is Science. It has always tried to question everything and to find an explanation of the unknown. In fact it is the unknown
What is science? If you are looking for definitions in the literature you can find that most definitions of Science share one statement: science consists of gathering knowledge (Klemke et al. 1988, Ziman 1988, 2001). Scientists wonder why the world is the way it is, and not a different way. This results in observing nature in a particular condition and documenting the findings. Furthermore, there is a distinction between pure science, which is the field of knowledge, and applied science, which is
People have been fascinated with extraterrestrials for centuries. If only aliens would get in touch.
© Society for Science & the Public 2000–2020. All rights reserved.
education. Specifically when looking at modern science education. The science education of today has various problems such as killing the curiosity of students, which leads to science becoming this rigid field of study that does not allow for excitement, understanding, or the ability to question the science authorities. These problems in science education lead to long term problems of not creating forward thinkers who are committed to driving science for the sake of scientific curiosity as opposed
We discover scientific knowledge in various natural science fields such as biology or chemistry. A common misconception about the natural sciences is that both the knowledge they reveal to us and the scientific method used in discovering this are purely analytical. This means that these sciences are rigid in facts and do not contain any subjectivity or creativity. However, the scientific method is not a rigid system of pursuing measurable facts. It contains fallacies and biases. In testing hypotheses
Thanks to new technologies, people now have many opportunities and choices. For example, they can study online sitting at home by using Internet benefits and available sources of information. They can even study at university on distance learning basis. The same thing is about work. There are many freelance options, which help people to provide for the living without going to offices each morning. Scientists have made it possible to take the highest benefits from technologies.
- The morning daily paper, which helps people to always keep up-to-date and supply them with trustworthy information of everything what`s going on around the world, is a result of scientific progress.
- Goods and devices people use in their daily deeds, such us electric light, refrigerator, electric oven, microwave etc. – all that is given to us by science.
- Science and Technology has also affected greatly our means of transportation, by making it easy to travel from one place to another quickly. All buses, ships, aero-planes use the benefits of new advancements.
- Thanks to the development of Science, men are now able to explore other planets.
- Nowadays, newly created satellites are used to bring a light concerning outer space.
- Many medicines, which are created to save million people lives, are also products of science.
- Science and Technology provides us also with some things people cannot imagine their lives without: television, Internet, radio.
- The latest technologies also help to increase the production of goods and different crops. The same is about work on factories, where manual work is replaced by new devices.
- Urbanization, expansion of the villages, cities, factories, changes in economics and country`s well-being.
As I have mentioned earlier Science has got many changes in our lives. First of all, transportation is easier now. With the help of Science it now easier to travel long distances. Moreover, the time of traveling is also reduced. Various high-speed vehicles are available these days. These vehicles have totally changed. The phase of our society. Science upgraded steam engines to electric engines. In earlier times people were traveling with cycles. But now everybody travels on motorcycles and cars. This saves time and effort. And this is all possible with the help of Science.
Last but not least, the subject of Biology. Biology is a subject that teaches us about our Human body. It tells us about its various parts. Furthermore, it even teaches the students about cells. Cells are present in human blood. Science is so advanced that it did let us know even that.